They don't look quite as pretty as the original recipe, but they don't look horrible, either! :) I felt super legit, making ganache like a Chopped chef and whatnot. ; D And they were a big hit with my family, too. So you pretty much have to try these. And let me know if you do. :) I know I'm putting a lot of smileys, but what can I say? These make me happy!! :) :)
Peanut Butter Fudge Coffee Ice Cream Cupcakes
1 large egg
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/8 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 gallon coffee ice cream
10 oreo cookies, crushed/chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Set out ice cream to soften.
2. In a large bowl, whisk egg and sugar until smooth. Add milk, cream, butter, and vanilla, and mix until combined.
3. Combine dry ingredients together and add to wet mixture. Mix until batter is smooth, then fold in chocolate chips.
4. Line a muffin tin with liners and spoon a large tablespoon into each cup. (MAKE SURE YOU DON'T FILL THE CUPS MORE THAN HALFWAY!)
5. Bake for about 12 minutes and cool completely.
6. Using a spoon, quickly but neatly spread ice cream on top of cupcakes into a mound. Repeat with remaining cakes and freeze for at least 2 hours.
7. Once ganache (recipe below) has been made and slightly cooled, remove cupcakes from freezer and spoon ganache over the top of each quickly. (I had about a 1/3 cup extra ganache; it's okay, I lived.) Immediately top with cookies (You can make them as pretty as you want). Freeze for another hour or two and then set out for a few minutes before serving.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache
3/4 cup heavy cream
8.8 oz milk chocolate, chopped or crushed
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1. Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat just until bubbles form on the sides.
2. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate and peanut butter, continuously stirring until ganache is smooth and comes together.
3. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before spooning on cupcakes.
Thanks to Jessica from How Sweet It Is for the recipe!