Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mush Apple Topping

This is one of those, "I want to make my apples more exciting.... What's in the cabinet?" situations. It turned out good enough to share with y'all, but it's definitely not pretty... Especially when it's not the professional-quality pictures I usually have. But it's great for kids: easy, tasty, and messy. :) I'm also proud of one of my first original recipes :D But there's definitely some necessary modifications (like I originally used 1/3 cup of milk because my 1/4 cup was dirty and it turned out too runny). Have fun with it and feel free to make substitutions. Please comment with suggestions! :)


Ingredients:

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2-3 apples, sliced
Cheerios (Honey Nut or Multigrain)

Directions:

Mix everything but Cheerios in a bowl. Spread over apple slices and top with Cheerios.
**Best on apples but can be used on other things as well, like pretzels or a spoon**

No comments:

Post a Comment